If you have any questions or would like any further information on the following, please don't hesitiate to contact us
2021: There is a new decree regarding having to put warning stickers on your vehicles to warn other road users to be mindful that there are blind spots.
The size and style of stickers is shown, and information on where they should be displayed:
Germany: Axle Pressure Gauges
Paragraph 70 (§70) transports: From January 2016 in Germany, if the vehicle has air or hydropneumatic suspension, it is compulsory for abnormal load transports to have their vehicles equipped with a gauge which measures axle pressure.
There are exceptions to this rule, which are cranes and trailers with fixed rigs (towable engineering plant).
* Vehicles with a valid §70 from before 20.03.2015, have until 30.06.2021 to have this gauge fitted. Until then they can drive with their valid §70.
* If a §70 was ordered before 20.03.2015 but obtained after that date, you have 6 years from the start date of the §70 to install the pressure gauge.
* If a §70 was ordered between 20.03.2015 & 01.01.2016, you have 3 years from the start date to install the gauge.
Belgium: New Rules for Abnormal Load Warning Signs
The rules regarding warning signs for abnormal loads have changed in Belgium. They officially changed in 2013, but there was a transition period until 31.12.2015.
From 01.01.2016 roadside inspections have been carried out. If the correct signs are not used, fines can be up to €300
Summary of requirements:
* LONG LOADS: Loads with over 1 meter of rear overhang must have a square sign with sides of 42cm. Alternatively, a rectangular sign with minimum measurements of 28cm x 56cm or 14cm x 80cm. All must have diagonal red and white retro-reflective stripes at 45-60 degrees and stripe widths of 7-10cm.
This sign must be positioned on the extremity of the overhang.
* WIDE LOADS: Signs must be square with sides of 42cm or a rectangular sign with minimum measurements of 28cm x 56cm or 14cm x 80cm. All these options must have diagonal red and white retro-reflective stripes at 45-60 degrees and stripe widths of 7-10cm.
Only abnormal loads in Belgium up to 3.50m wide are allowed to use the square signs.
Minimum one white light at the front and one red light at the back. These lights must be on at all times during the transport.
The bottom of the signs must be at a minimum height of 40cm / maximum height of 200cm as measured from the ground.
French signs with TPESC approval, Type B can be used.
If you have another, similar sign which meets the French standard, you will have to have it checked by the 'FOD Mobiliteit en Vervoer'.
German signs, Parkwarntafeln Form A and/or LAFO-Warntaflen Form A of DIN30710 standard can be used.
Belgium: Toll Roads
From 01.04.2016 tolls will be collected on the main roads in Belgium.
All trucks over 3.5T must be equipped with a functioning toll collecting device. This also applies to trucks in Belgium which never use these roads. If you drive a 3.5T+ truck without such a device fitted you will be fined. There are various suppliers for these toll services, however at the time of writing (March 2016) there is only one toll-box manufacturer approved by the Belgian authorities: www.viapass.be/download
Belgium: New Itineraries for Network 90 & Network 120 permits
There is a new version of itineraries from 20.01.2016. The latest versions must be downloaded from this website: www.wegenenverkeer.be/uitzonderlijk-vervoer/reiswegennetwerk and added to the permit. Before starting on any transport, ensure that you have the correct version with you.
France: Warning Sign Checks
Police in France are very strictly checking abnormal loads for the correct warning signs and lights. If the signs do not adhere to the rules or the lights suffer failure or malfunction, the haulier will be fined and prevented from continuing on their journey until everything is in order. For Convoi Exceptionnel signs, see: Signs & Marker Boards.
France: French escort Car Driver Certification FIP or FCP
French law now requires escort car drivers to be qualified to work with abnormal load transports in France. Arrêté of 2 May 2011, NOR: DEVT1109077A
Convoi Exceptionnel Ltd only supplies escort cars in France with drivers who conform to this standard. See French Escort Cars
Convoi Exceptionnel Ltd
10 Mitchell Point, Hamble,
Call us now on +44 (0)2380 453045, email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or use our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Visit us on Facebook: